- Tasting Note: Dry red wine with perfume of strawberries and wild berries.Fresh and elegant with a great lingering fruity character.
- Food Matching: Very good on boiled meat and pasta based on red sauces
- Vineyard: The territory of Sorbara extends to the north on the vast alluvial plain run by the Secchia and Panaro rivers. The Grasparossa is located in the south of Modena where the fields begin to rise to form the gentle hills around Castelvetro. Each variety expresses its area where the quality of the soil and the diversity of the vine and the climate are fully reflected in the characteristics of the wines. Sorbara has a fresh and delicate flavor, distinguished by the light ruby red color, with the intense aroma and fine smell of purple and currant.
- Vinification: Very light maceration and then an approach to fermentation to a low alcohol content. The wine is kept on low temperature and then vinified at the time of ordering to get a fresh product all the time. Made with the Martinotti method (or Charmant) the wine spends 90 days on lees.
- Awards and Press News: Tre Bicchieri 2012 (3 glasses) winner, Gambero Rosso BRONZE MEDAL, Sommelier Wine Awards 2013 SILVER MEDAL, Sommelier Wine Awards 2014 BRONZE MEDAL, Decanter World Wine Awards 2014 A bright pink, refreshing dry wine, with pretty hints of wild strawberry. Kate Spicer, Sunday Times, 25 May 2014 Bright ruby-pink, with lively red-cherry fruit, tangy and properly dry on the finish. A softley sparkling wine that’s great with charcuterie. Susy Atkins, Sunday Telegraph, 10 August 2014 Beautiful strawberry pink in colour, this juicy Lanbrusco boasts plenty of red fruits on the nose – strawberries, cherries and raspberries – along with a lifted menthol-like quality and some some potpourri. All of this follows through on the palate, along with an interesting tart just-ripe nectarine note as well. Perfect with a plate of charcuterie – especially in warmer weather. Imbibe, January 2015